I had promised for this post some time back. I love Red lipsticks
is no secret to those who read my blog. But I surprised even myself when I started digging out my red lipsticks stash for this post. I have 6 of these now and I know atleast 3 more than I am lusting. But thankfully after doing this post I have convinced myself to not buy another Red Lipstick until I finish atleast one of this. I know not gonna happen. But still atleast it will stop me from buying the latest M.A.C retro matte ones.
So lets begin. I will go from lightest to darkest.
|in natural light
1.REVLON CANDY APPLE: I love this one. Okay this is going to be a common line for all the lipsticks. I love this because its my “no attention seeker” / “day time”Red lipstick. Its juicy and moisturizing and makes the lips look plump. I’ve had many asking me what lipstick it is. Here is the swatch and how it looks on me. I have reviewed it HERE
2. MAYBELLINE MAT 4: This is the latest addition to my stash. I bought it for the matte effect, but its not matte by any means. But I still love it ( get many compliments whenever I have applied this,, so gotta love it). Jokes apart, I like how it lifts up the entire face and it a perfect balance between blue and orange undertone. Its neither too dark not too light. Here is the FOTD using this lipstick. You can read a detailed review HERE
3. MAYBELLINE COLOR SENSATIONAL LIPSTICK IN FATAL RED: I got this lipstick after Lisa Eldridge recommended it in one of her YOU TUBE videos. This and one another one from REVLON Matte called REALLY RED. Girls please if any of you know where I can buy it from in INDIA please let me know. I lost mine ( very sad face) and cant find it now anywhere to repurchase.
Anyways back to Fatal Red I like this one because its not a very fiery red, next to other red lipsticks it looks more orange. It suits Indian complexion well. Read review HERE
4. COLORBAR HEARTS AND TARTS: I have recently reviewed this lipstick, and it honestly hasnt been that long since I have bought it. But its the mattest if that is even a word) red lipstick I have. Its not too drying on the lips and is perfect for my dry lips, although exfoliation is highly recommended.You can read the detailed review along with HERE
5. RIMMEL LASTING FINISH BY KATE MOSS NO. 11: This is the most “hatke” Red, its bordering on maroon but appears on the red side on my lips. This is going to be my pick for the fall season among the reds I own. Here is the FOTD using this lipstick. You can read the detailed review HERE. And for the FOTD you can read the detailed pictorial HERE .
6. L’OREAL INFALLIBLE LIPSTICK IN REFINED RUBY: This is hands down the most beautiful RED lipstick I have or want, I love it over M.A.C Russian Red and Ruby Woo . Yes you heard it right. I have swatched it side by side with those MAC. lipsticks but still loved this one more that is why they havent made an entry yet into my vanity. HERE is the review and FOTD using this favorite.